Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear Gavin,

One year ago, today, you were brought into this world. I cannot believe a whole year has passed by already. I can't even picture my life without you now. You are truly the love of my life.

A year ago, your daddy and I were terrified of becoming parents. We had no clue what we were doing or if we would be good parents. You gave us a run for our money in the beginning, but it was totally worth it. These days, you are the brightest, happiest and most fun kid around. You have such a personality of your own and are always up to something funny. You're walking, talking and just an independant little guy who doesn't need any help doing anything. Although, you haven't forgotten who your mommy and daddy are. You go to me for sugars and cuddles and when you have a boo-boo & you go to daddy when you want to wrestle and play chase. We have had the time of our lives getting to know this little person we can call ours. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't surprise us or do something new. It is the neatest thing to see you grow and learn.

I can't wait to celebrate many, many more birthdays with you.

Happy FIRST Birthday to my favorite person in the whole entire world. Gavin Lee!

I love you Boogers!



Click on the collage below to see some pictures from the last year.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy birthday to your little man!!!!! :)

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday! Cute idea for the pictures too!

The Pifer's said...

This post made me cry (could be my meds, lol) You are such a great mommy and it makes me so happy to have seen the whole thing unfold! You and Derek are amazing, Gavin is so lucky to have such awesome parents! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY GAVIN! Love yall!!

DustyandBrooke said...

Happy, happy birthday to you, Gavin!! (I'm sitting here with tears running down my cheeks, Rosie!!) I know that "I wanna soak up every second" feeling. I love the shapes/picture thing. I have to go try that myself sometime!

Paige said...

Happy *late* birthday to Gavin!