Thursday, March 31, 2011

Benefit


Hey everyone,
For those of you that are local, I thought I'd post the info for Alissa's upcoming benefit.


Sunday, April 17th

1-6 pm

Hog Creek Icehouse, Speegleville

There will be a live band & silent auction going on. And the restraunt has offered for every burger bought, $1 of it will go to the benefit as well. So come hungry! If you would like to make a donation to the auction or just a cash donation, you can email me at my link on the right side of my blog & I can make sure it gets received.


Alissa is going to try to make it out at least for an appearance. I know that she is completely overwhelmed at the outpouring of support and love and prayers she's been receiving and is so thankful! These medical bills are already hitting the mailbox fast. Although they have insurance, and the wreck was not her fault, the bills have to be paid. And what little will be paid by insurance, won't make much of a dent in the total number.


Yesterday, we were so excited. Alissa was supposed to come home. The drain tube came out of her back & she was finally escaping the hospital. But of course, there was a setback. She became extremely sick, throwing up. And had a migraine. I haven't spoken with anyone this morning, but I know last night was very rough & her mom said she just won't even eat anything anymore. So this isn't good. I hope it's just a quick virus she got and not a side effect or reaction to anything that would keep her in the hospital longer. I'm continuing to pray for her b/c although she's getting better, she still has a very long road ahead of her.

3 comments:

Amber said...

what a wonderful gesture by the restaurant to do that. Hope that she is able to stay at home and not stay longer what a bummer.

~Shelly~ said...

Hoping the migraines do not start to be an every day occurance bc of the head injury. I wish I could go to that benefit! Still praying for her!

lots of love said...

I wish we were local & could go to the benefit! I hope they get a good turn out!