Friday, April 1, 2011

She's Home!!

Alissa got to finally come home from the hospital yesterday!! It was rough getting her here b/c she was still sick, but she made the trip and is safe and sound in her new fancy bed. I was surprised at how much Alissa had to talk about, but she was just so glad to see everyone. We welcomed her home by decorating her room and house up and someone put a big welcome home sign on the gate entrance to her house. She just started crying when she drove up. It was so overwhelming for her. And her dog Izzy was happy too :) She will be going back to Parkland in a couple weeks for the doctors to take a look at her wounds to make sure everything looks good. They may discuss her upcoming surgeries on her face then. Her right eye is taped shut b/c although she can see a little(praise God), she sees double for now. It's still healing. When it's open, it makes her even more dizzy then usual. She's in a ton of pain coming off of morphine, but you wouldn't know by looking at her. She still sits up and wants to put on a brave face for everyone around her. Her hair is slowly growing back and she's thinner than ever, but the latter part makes her happy. lol. Derek's coming home this weekend and is going to straighten up her hair with his clippers. You know that the hospital isn't trying to give any haircuts, they just want it off. Poor girl has a little mullet in the back. We sat and talked this morning and she is just so blessed at all the support and prayers coming from all over. It chokes her up every time she talks about it. She said that this has become such a life changer for her and the way she treats people and acts. She wants to be a better person. I love the girl, but she is definitely stubborn and is hard to get thru to. So, I think that part of her will change. I think it's changed the entire family in one way or another. Her dad, also my boss, is already so much nicer!! We couldn't be more relieved for her to be home and will be spending tons of time together! This is a long road to go through, but she is doing great and it can only be uphill from here. Thank you again for all your prayers!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

This is sooooooo great!!!!! :)

lots of love said...

Such great news!!

Veronica said...

I am up WAY too late reading and catching up on blogs. I am so happy to hear that your sister in law is home now! That is wonderful news!

On a completely different note, I have to tell you I felt like I lost my breath when I was reading your profile description again when I first opened your blog. Seeing Gavin's birthday in print made me nearly want to cry because I just cannot believe our babies are going to be one already! I am trying to hold myself together but it's so tough!

Hope you are well and that party planning is going good. I know I must owe you an email from the last time you asked me something about cupcakes? Who knows? We have been so busy with moving stuff I haven't given Liv's birthday much though. :( So much to do! Poor girl deserves a birthday party!!!