Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gavin's First Birthday Party!

Saturday, the 9th, we celebrated Gavin's First Birthday w/a party at our house. I tried everything to keep it simple and still managed to run out of time. lol. I seriously was throwing things together at the last second all thanks to the Birthday Boy who wouldn't take his regular nap. Everyone but about 4 people showed up, so we had a very full house; about 30 people! Gavin had a blast, once he snapped out of his shock to see everyone. He is the most entertaining kid, never knows a stranger. His Daddy and I were very proud of his hosting abilities :) Aftter attempting to get him to eat his cake (that he HATES) he opened gifts and played with each one after they were opened. First time I've seen a kid not want to play w/paper. He got soo many fun toys and money to buy some other goodies. I'm getting him a pool and DVD player for the car this week w/the $$. Anyways, we were WAY happy to see everyone after everything that has been going on. I know it was a great distraction for my inlaws. Alissa made it and did very well to, minus the little nap she had to take, bless her heart! After the party, we were exhausted!!!!!!! Gavin fell asleep eating dinner in his high chair at 7:00. lol. Next year, we're going out to eat. Ha Ha!!
I was so proud of my Baby Einstein Cake I made all by myself! Oh and check out the fun Caterpillar craft I made behind it!



Gavin and Parker playing w/daddy's old Tonka trucks & Amber, Derrick & Carolee!

Cody & Derek Me & the Birthday Boy!


Kelli & Parker Jenn & Sweet Kyndal!

Gavin playing his new drums Checking out his new Elmo! His favorite!




About to get very upset about the icing on his finger. lol.

Daddy & his nose picker My sis Lacy, Connor & Gavin playing w/Elmo


After the party, so tired and HOT! It was 90 degrees!

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the cake! You did a great job! :o) Looks like everyone had a great time too!

Amber said...

looks like a wonderful birthday party! Happy Birthday to sweet Gavin! I cant believe he is already 1 and that I will be getting Morgans together in just a few weeks. How time flies by so quickly!

lots of love said...

Cute birthday party pics! Looks like a success! The first one is always the most exhausting. Great job on the cake too!

The Pifer's said...

OMG YOU DID SOOOO GREAT!!! I love the cake and your little crafty-ness!!!

I am sooooooooooo sorry we missed it! :(

Love you lots!

DustyandBrooke said...

You did such a great job! I'm so impressed with your cake-making abilities!! And that cute little crafy caterpillar! Hope you get to enjoy the day with your little man tomorrow!

Paige said...

We had CB's birthday party on the 9th too and it was super hot here as well. I'm so glad that he had a wonderful 1st birthday party! You did a GREAT job =) Your cake is even more amazing! I wish I was that creative and domestic!

Veronica said...

Haha! I'm still laughing after reading "Daddy and his nose picker," lol!!!

Glad everything went so well despite the heat (goodness gracious) and I love, love the way your cake and craft came out! You rock, Momma!!!