- I've been buying and ordering and planning all the things I needed to update our kitchen at our home. It's always been the most needed, yet postponed project in my home. But, now that we know for sure we are selling, we decided to go a little cheaper and go ahead and redo it now. I got all new appliances, counter tops, backsplash & hardware and can't wait for it all to be complete. All I'm waiting on is the counter tops to be put in and then everything else can go in. I really wanted new cabinets, but since we're moving, it's an unnecessary expense.
- I've also been doing tons of research on home builders, floor plans, architects & all the other things needed in order to build a home. I have a floor plan I came up with but need a professional to touch it up. It's sooo exciting, but scary all at once. There is a zillion things to think about and when you are building on a complete empty piece of land without sewer, water, electricity, etc...it's also WAY expensive to even get started. So, with that said, we're slowing down a little and focusing on getting as much for a down payment as possible. In the meantime, I can still shop and research to make sure I know exactly what I want in a home when the time comes. We're shooting for a year.
- The hubs sold one of his boats and to my surprise wants to sell his other one :( As much as we LOVE going out on his boat, we just never get to any more. There's not enough time. If he wants to go fishing, he goes with his dad in the river on his parent's land. This saddens me a lot to get rid of his boat. And he JUST paid it off! But, our priorities have switched and it will go as part of our down payment we are saving for.
- I've been treated for gastroparesis since I was 18. After the last few months of having complications, I went back to my gastroenterologists and he came to the conclusion that I've been misdiagnosed. My luck! After blood tests and 2 different meds, still no for sure diagnoses. Next is a stomach biopsy & endoscopy. I don't care what's wrong with me as long as it's fixed. Imagine being sick to your stomach every single time you eat. It's hell!
- Work is insane. The damage from all the tornadoes are unspeakable and our company has cleanup crews working on it, making my job extra busy. I've had closeup pics & videos and stories being shown to me and it never fails to bring me to tears and leave me speechless. The weather is going nuts. I can't imagine what hurricane season will leave us with! Although good for business, it's never a happy occasion to have to go clean up from such disasters.
That's everything that's been going on in my world. I've got a couple posts with pictures to work on, so hopefully I can get them done today. That is, if nobody comes to "hang out" in my office!