Monday, May 16, 2011

Re-Do Weekend & Zoo Round 2

This Mommy had the best "Re-Do" Mother's Day weekend ever! Derek surprised me by coming home earlier than planned on Thursday night. So, he kept Gavin all day Friday while I went to work. I went home Friday, & my awesome hubby had cleaned the house, gotten me flowers and was cooking steak on the grill. And my card was so funny. Since it was past mother's day, it was a thank you card with a baby on it. I still loved it.

We got up Saturday, had a nice breakfast & decided to make a trip to the flea market. I really wanted some flowers for my front porch & they are always so cheap there. Afterwards, we stopped by Walmart to get Derek's contacts & Gavin's pool. Then napped for like 2 1/2 hrs! And then lucky me, Daddy took Gavin to see his mom and Granny while I got to go get a pedi & go shopping!! I hit jackpot at Old Navy & then headed over to Best Buy and got a new Blue Ray player. Did you know they don't really make DVD players much anymore? Anyways, ours broke so we needed something. While waiting to pick up our Olive Garden (yum) I went and finally got some more much needed jeans at the mall too!
Afterwards, we just enjoyed our evening and watched movies together.

Sunday, we went and had breakfast & then after nap time, decided last minute to go to the zoo since last time was cut so short. (Thanks for the idea Tiff! I saw it on your fb) There were SOOO many people there, but we really enjoyed taking our time and enjoying the most beautiful weather ever! Then we went home and played until Derek had to leave to go back to Oklahoma.

I know it sounds like a pretty normal weekend for some of you, but for us it's rare to be able to do all those things together in one weekend. I'm so thankful for my amazing husband and handsome little son! I loved my Mother's Day!



My twinkies

Enjoying some down time w/my big boy


Ready to go to the zoo!



















Outside the tee-pee


Rhino's sleeping


Great pic of the elephant


Gavin chasing his shadow! LOL!!



I wasn't really in the mood to take many pics of everything until the zoo. Sorry!

4 comments:

lots of love said...

I'm glad you had a good redo Mother's Day! sounds like a great weekend to me!

The Pifer's said...

SERIOUSLY what time did y'all go to the zoo? I bet we were there around the same time Sunday! I could have totally seen you!!!! :))

I am glad your re-do weekend was GREAT! You deserve that! I miss you sweets and hope to see you soon, we need a date night asap!

LOVE the pics, and if you want feel free to steal some of my pics from the zoo-I think I took a jillion! sigh... :))

xoxo

Nichole said...

Sounds pretty perfect! Love that you were able to redo it!

(Side note - Hope that his chest clip on his car seat is normally at his arm pit level and not on his stomach as pictured. If not, I hope that you move it there from now on. The chest clip across his belly is very unsafe and can actually hurt him in an accident. No judging at all, just don't want to see him get hurt. We all know that accidents happen. Thanks.) :o)

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear you had such a perfect re-do weekend. I love those moments of snuggle time when Morgan is sleeping those are the best:)